08 September, 2011

Warrior's Prayer....

"For we wrestle not flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole amour of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand." - Ephesians 6:12 & 13.

God wanted us to learn through Paul and the church at Ephesus to wage our wars against Satan and his helpers. We should not worry about what people are thinking about us. After all, Jesus told us that we are persecuted because of him. We are attacked because we as born again Bible believing Christians because of the stand we take for the only true God. There is a prayer that is written based on the Holy Armour of God, And I will reproduce it here. Life is too short to fight these needless battles. Our concerns should be to bring as many lost people to Jesus as we can before we leave this Earth. That is our job. We need to worry about what God thinks of us, and that we hear those precious words from God, "Well done thou good and faithful servant."


The Warrior's Prayer
Heavenly Father,
Your warrior prepares for battle.
Today I claim victory over Satan by putting on the whole armor of God!

I put on the Girdle of Truth!
May I stand firm in the truth of Your Word
so I will not be a victim of Satan's
and his demons' lies.

I put on the breastplate of Righteousness!
May it guard my heart from evil
so I will remain pure and holy,
protected under the blood of Jesus Christ.

I put on the Shoes of Peace!
May I stand firm in the Good News of the Gospel
so Your peace will shine through me
and be a light to all I encounter.

I take the Shield of Faith!
May I be ready for Satan's fiery darts of
doubt, denial and deceit
so I will not be vulnerable to spiritual defeat.

I put on the Helmet of Salvation!
May I keep my mind focused on You
so Satan will not have a stronghold on my
thoughts.

I take the Sword of the Spirit!
May the two edged sword of Your Word
be ready in my hands
so I can expose the tempting words of Satan.

By faith your warrior has put on
the whole armor of God!

I am prepared to live this day, in spiritual victory!
In His most Holy Name!!!

Amen

I pray all who read this have a glorious day that is truly honoring and glorifying to God. Til we meet again;

Mr. Bill

1 comment:

  1. This is a great prayer. I enjoy reading your blog, and hope you will continue to pour out what God lays upon your heart. Thanks for sharing.
    P.S. I'm still struggling with Psalm 91 (one of my most favorite Psalms of all), and still wondering about those feathers (v.4)

    ReplyDelete